About Our Job
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
In this role you will join DEN’s new customer experience team and will report to DEN’s Director of Customer Experience and will serve as a customer advocate, and become an expert within your assigned area with a focus on improving the overall customer experience at DEN. In this role you will:
- Be assigned one of DEN’s concourses or terminal as your primary work location. Your work area will be mobile within the concourses, without a traditionally assigned workstation
- Monitors gate-hold areas to ensure the area is clean, in well repair and ready for our customers
- Reports areas failing to meet set program parameters for further action and follow-up
- Coordinates action of your assigned concourse or terminal location(s) to include but not limited to nursing mother rooms, restrooms, pet relief areas, patios, and other spaces with applicable DEN stakeholders to ensure areas adhere to Customer Experience inspections program parameters
- Provides continuous monitoring and evaluation of assigned program areas
- Review daily passenger volume metrics and anticipate potential issues before they happen
- Identify problem areas and service gaps of passenger facing facilities and coordinate a response to address identified problem areas
- Create weekly summary reports of areas identified and actions taken to address problem areas
- Utilize customer voice data and reporting to develop a plan of action and to resolve issues within DEN’s customer facing areas
- Collect voice of the customer survey data information by actively soliciting survey responses from customers as needed
- Create relationships with and attend team briefings with stakeholders on your assigned concourse or terminal to remain knowledgeable of changes or updates to your work area and communicate out these changes and updates as necessary
- Further develop and revise procedures and strategies to address customer facing issues
- Explain and communicate applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines to customers of airport policies or practices as appropriate
- Assist customers as needed when encountered through your daily operation
- Assist and coordinate escorting customers as necessary
- Assist customers in irregular operations to include weather events, queueing, emergency response, transpiration outages, and alternate passenger flows due to construction or repair work
- Work with other divisions to determine and coordinate performance standards
- Proposes customer experience enhancements to leadership and prepare budget justifications for these enhancements
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates you are innovative and enjoy taking on new and different customer experience requests. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our customers and takes pride in our facility. In addition, we are looking for some with the following skills and experience:
- Passionate about the travel experience and ensuring a positive experience for customers while serving as a customer advocate
- Outgoing personality that is willing to approach customers and strike conversation.
- Background in customer service or hospitality industries
- Change management champion who doesn’t settle for the status quo.
- Able to review and translate data and metrics
- Enjoys working in an ever changing and fast paced environment
- Prefers a work environment that is always mobile, without a specified duty station.
- Will be the “boots on the ground” and be the eyes and ears of our customers
- A self-starter who identifies problems and takes action to solve them
- Able to work any shift with a 24-hour, seven day a week operation. This includes weekends and holidays.
- Reliable means of transportation that is not affected by changing weather conditions
- Willing to work an on-site position that requires schedule flexibility
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Five (5) years of technical or administrative experience performing standard research and evaluation, case management, and/or implementing work processes.
- Licensures/Certification(s): None
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of education may be substituted for each required year experience
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
Job Profile CA1715 Program Coordinator
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click .
Position Type Unlimited
Position Salary Range $24.38 - $36.57
Starting Pay Based on Education and Experience
Agency Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click for English or for Spanish.