- Perform general cleaning and janitorial duties of the office space at the hangar buildings in two different locations.
- Maintain a neat and orderly janitors’ room; ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized workspace.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and breakrooms.
- Assist in examining the work area for safety hazards; report deficiencies to the Manager / Supervisor, in a timely manner.
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance inspections of facilities. Report the need for minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections of heating and cooling systems are operational. Report the need for servicing to facilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
While performing the duties Facility Maintenance Custodian, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 70 pounds.
The employee must have the ability to use hand trucks, forklifts, tugs, and lift trucks. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Good hand / eye coordination is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 1 year of related experience in facility maintenance.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with a team.
- Familiarity with Airport operations a plus.
- Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an airport.
- Ability to work Day or Night Shift, including weekends and holidays