- Provide troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of PLC controlled baggage, conveyor systems, and related equipment, components, and systems.
- Provide concise, accurate, and sufficiently detailed data for input of all maintenance information.
- Perform mechanic duties including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting, and repair of conveyor and control systems.
- Drive and operate different equipment such as golf cart, company vehicles, forklift, etc.
- Support the operations with clearing bag jams.
- Assist with the development and ensure proper input of the maintenance data into the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond to maintenance calls when required and / or requested.
- Comply with company safety program and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
While performing the duties of an MRT I, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and work in small spaces.
Ladder work required. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 49 pounds. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Good hand / eye coordination is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees will work on an airport ramp around aircrafts and around heavy equipment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1+ years’ experience in the area of maintenance operations
- Industrial Electrical Experience; specifically with 3 phase motors and 480v
- Mechanic skills including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair
- Familiarity with Airport operations a plus
- Intermediate understanding of PLC Control systems
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an airport
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift including weekends and holidays