Airport Supervisor, Burlington International Airport (BTV)
United Ground Express
2 months ago
- Inactive Job
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What to Expect :
As a Supervisor, you will assist the General Manager with day-to-day operations, service, financial and team performance.
Most importantly, you will create a great place to work for the team, a welcoming environment for our customers, and ensure delivery of United’s flyer friendly service.
How you will make an impact :
- Responsible for day-to-day operational and financial performance of assigned station, monitoring performance against plan and initiating corrective actions to improve results.
- Ensures compliance with safety requirements, including security checkpoint and GSC responsibilities.
- Sets a positive example for station team to ensure excellent customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment, strong employee relations, and collaborative relationships.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and opportunities to improve their travel experience.
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or irregular operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the station team to achieve operational goals.
- Manages the station budget, staffing forecasts and resource requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining station facilities, equipment, and professional appearance standards for all UGE employees.
- Responsible for compliance with Station controls and Internal Audit standards.
- Maintain strong working relationships with OAL / airport authorities / vendors / governmental authorities (FAA / TSA / CBP) / internal divisions.
- Manage vendor service contracts as required.
- Provide remote support for other UGE functions as needed.
- Willingness and ability to work beyond scheduled times due to irregular operations and / or business need.
What will you bring :
- Ability to manage airport operations independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced operational environment
- Analytical thinking, goal-directed leadership and service-oriented performance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills and drive for excellence
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and coach others
- Must be flexible to work all shifts and, when necessary, available 7 days a week / 24 hours a day, including holidays and weekends, to deal with any operational and / or unforeseen situations
- Previous service or operational experience required
- Cross utilized experience (Above the Wing / Below the Wing) required
- Previous supervisory experience required
College Degree or equivalent work experience required
UGE Airport Management & AdministrativeUnited States-VT-BTV - BurlingtonUnited Ground ExpressFull-timeJan 3, 2023, 9 : 56 : 13 AM