Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients. The Role
The National Account Director, Strategic Payers will own and develop customer specific strategies to drive profitable patient access for Genmab products. The National Account Director will lead the Genmab relationship with strategic national (Kaiser Permanente/ other commercial National & regional payer accounts) payer customer accounts and will act as the internal point person on identified strategic payer accounts. Responsibilities
- Serves as lead for Genmab relationship with strategic payer accounts (Kaiser Permanente & other strategic commercial payers, including key downstream regionals).
- Minimize and /or remove barriers to access for patients with strategic national insurers, key regional insurers and Pharmacy Benefit Managers/ Payer Group Purchasing Organizations.
- Develop and Implement payer strategies that will secure profitable access for Genmab product
- Market development and implementation of the coverage and reimbursement strategies that will maximize patient access and optimize profitability of Genmab products.
- Manage High level communications that will align brand with market dynamics and competitive trends that could impact profitable access
- Analyze formulary coverage, medical policies, utilization controls, formulary review practices and timelines, levels of regional or national influence, and other pertinent attributes to maximize appropriate access for company products
- Lead the development and negotiation of Payer contracts, as applicable, across all assigned accounts for company products
- Drive customer strategy and initiatives with internal teams (Market Access, Medical/CORE, brand marketing/strategy, legal, compliance, Pricing & Contracting).
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships at all levels that align strategically to the business needs of the customer and Genmab.
- Manage payer and key stakeholder relationships to put patient access first. This individual will represent Genmab in the managed market environment from a national perspective.
- Create, maintain and execute account business plans that deliver on Genmab’s access goals and are utilized to provide strategic insights that influence internal stakeholders.
- Development of national/ local strategies through account and market insight, providing Genmab leadership with market and customer intelligence.
- Understand current market dynamics now and impact on future access to develop and implement long term strategy that meets short term KPIs and ensures long term profitable access.
- Provide strong leadership that demonstrates innovative thinking, collaboration across various internal stakeholders (the National Account Director teams, Market Access, medical/CORE, brand marketing, field sales leadership, legal, compliance and senior leadership), and alignment with Genmab’s access goals.
Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of proven success in biotech/pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managed markets account management with National Payer Account experience, as well as strong knowledge of Kaiser Permanente
- Excellent knowledge of the U.S. payer landscape and how pharmaceutical access is managed by health plans/ PBMs on both the pharmacy and medical benefit
- Oncology market access experience, preferred
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of provider administered (buy and bill) reimbursement and access across commercial, managed Medicare, managed Medicaid and government customers.
- Proven credibility in gaining access to key decision makers and influencers with time efficiency
- Market access Launch experience of new products/start-up experience a plus
- Ability to identify future policies, practices and trends with Payers and PBM's and with competition in the marketplace
- Excellent knowledge of payer customer dynamics/ behavior, contracting (VBC experience a plus), and managing customer needs.
- Knowledge of how Payer and PBM businesses operate and generate revenue
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Market Access Account team, Patient Services, Trade, Corporate Accounts, Data & Analytics, CORE, Medical, legal, compliance, field sales leadership and brand marketing) to support access goals.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure in a fast-paced environment and with tight timelines
- Ability to be proactive, enthusiastic and goal orientated
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills required
- Experience leading pull through efforts with sales leadership
Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural environment, with an aim to make a difference in the lives of people with cancer.
At Genmab, we pride ourselves on our unique culture. We are committed to make a positive impact on the lives of cancer patients. We hypothesize and experiment to seek innovative solutions, no matter the employee’s role; we speak up, empower each other, and embrace change and growth; we respect and celebrate our differences while working as one team. Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. Genmab employees work with determination, challenge the status quo and cultivate a growth mindset in everything we do.
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Please be alerted that at the moment a recruitment scam involving Genmab is circulating. The scam involves recruiters on LinkedIn and elsewhere, pretending to be Genmab employees, headhunting candidates, asking for CVs and other personal information. The scam can include asking for payment for interviews or interview preparation. This communication is not coming from Genmab, we encourage people to stay alert and not to respond to these queries.