The Grocery / Dairy / Frozen / Bulk Assistant is responsible for assisting the Grocery / Bulk and Dairy / Frozen Managers in the successful operation and profitability of the Grocery / Bulk and Dairy / Frozen departments.
Main Ingredients :
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one priority.
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and adhering to all policies.
- Creating inviting, full and shoppable departments.
- Assisting the department managers in ordering for the grocery, bulk, dairy and frozen departments and maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Assisting the department managers in managing margin, COGs and overall department profitability including minimizing shrink and maximizing effective purchasing.
- Ensuring all in-stock products / conditions meet company standards.
- Offering and following up on special orders.
- Merchandising shelves, endcaps and dynamic displays.
- Assisting in managing as well as participating in tagging, facing, rotating, cleaning, markdowns, stocking, and backstock.
- Assisting in training and monitoring of department personnel including assigning and following up on tasks.
- Conducting active and passive demos.
- Working with the department managers to address performance issues within the department.
- Supporting store opening and closing activities including Daily Sales Report (DSR) and cash handling and cashier closeout responsibilities.
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering, managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled breaks.
- Maintaining the safety and security of customers and employees.
- Answering customer questions per company standards and policies, including the use of Health Supportive statements and / or statements of nutritional support.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Using SAP and inventory management software, emailing and utilizing other IS programs as needed.
- Working a schedule based on store needs which includes evenings, weekends, holidays. Position requires working five days, 40 hours per week and attending mandatory store meetings.
- This position has limited Manager on Duty responsibilities but is never intended to be the overall Manager on Duty for the store.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be hands on and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Recipe for Success :
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in grocery or retail environment preferred; natural foods background is a plus.
- 1 year of experience supervising others preferred.
- Ability to pass food safety training courses and / or certifications as required by law and maintain compliance by keeping certifications up to date and registered if applicable.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and to stay focused with the task at hand.
- Possess a sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained and able to count currency.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities.
The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks assigned to him / her by their Manager and / or other Store Support Center manager that might not be listed in this job description.
Here’s an overview of the benefits we offer our good4u Crew to help ensure the health and wellbeing of you and your family, now and well into the future :
All Crew Members
- Birthday Bonus Pay
- Vitamin Bucks (up to $2,080 earned as store credit annually)
- Holiday Pay for 5 Holidays Stores Closed
- Paid Time Off (sick days and vacation) that Increases with Tenure
- Paid Nutrition Education
- good4u Crew Member Discount
- N power Program (customer appreciation and rewards program)
- Regular, Scheduled Pay Increases
- Advancement Opportunities and Career Development
- Health and Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
Full-Time Crew Members (30+ hours / week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Medical Leave (through company paid short-term disability insurance)
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits Including Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Term Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with discretionary Company Match
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Match
At the heart of Natural Grocers' commitment to our community and crew is this belief : All people should be empowered to experience health and wellbeing! We cannot be true to this conviction without honoring diversity and cultivating inclusion throughout every aspect of our organization.
At Natural Grocers, we honor our differences, embrace diversity, and cultivate inclusion because both individual and societal health are rooted in these principles.
Our Crew is diverse not only in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, abilities, and age but also in cultural backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas.
Celebrating our diversity refreshes, expands, and shapes our perspective, energizing our mission of equitable access to health and wellness for all.
We welcome everyone who would like to join us in this mission, with gratitude for the unique life experience each person brings to the table.
We’re committed to nurturing an ecosystem of diversity and inclusion in which our Crew can continue to thrive.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Physical Capabilities and Environmental Demands :
O Occasional; 1-33% of time
F Frequent; 34-66% of time
C Constant; 67-100% of time
Physical Requirements :
- Must have the ability to constantly lift or carry up 10 lbs., frequently lift or carry 11-20 lbs., and occasionally lift or carry 21-100 lbs.
- Must have the ability to frequently push or pull up to 15 lbs. and occasionally push or pull 16-100 lbs.
- Requires the use of both arms and both hands with full range of motion.
- Must be able to occasionally use the computer for data entry and use of mouse.
- Must be able to constantly walk, stand, use fine motor manipulations, grip, bend, twist, turn, and reach outward for the duration of the work shift.
- Must be able to frequently to reach above chest.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, squat, kneel, and climb as needed.
Environmental Requirements :
- Must be able to frequently work with sharp tools and equipment, dust, fumes, and congested worksite.
- Must be able to occasionally work with noise, cold, heat, wet, humid, outside, heights, and contact stress.