Host // Ditka's Grill Wheaton
Wheaton, IL, US
Ditka's Restaurant Group
a month ago
- Inactive Job
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Description : Job Summary
Cheerfully greets and seats all Guests in a friendly manner and assists in maintaining the overall Guest flow of the restaurant.
Addresses Guests on their entrance and departure in a manner such that will feel welcome and want to return.
Key Performance Elements / Essential Functions
- Opens door for Guests as they arrive and depart.
- Warmly greets and seats Guests as they enter the restaurant, accommodating any special needs (boosters, high chairs, disabilities).
- Manages Guests’ expectations when there is a wait.
- Handles incoming calls courteously and efficiently, following established guidelines.
- Acknowledge Guests as they leave and invite them to come back to the restaurant.
- Performs other functions as time permits and as necessary including, but not limited to, rolling silverware, running food to tables, bussing tables, inspecting restrooms and building exterior, etc.
- Has a good working knowledge of restaurant, e.g., hours of operation, directions to the restaurant, food & beverage menu selections, general restaurant information (credit cards accepted, check policies, take-out programs, etc.
- Attempts to resolve all Guest complaints, striving for a flawless recovery to build brand loyalty. Advises management IMMEDIATELY of any Guest complaint
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal conduct.
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Assists in the ongoing cleanliness and maintenance of all Greeter areas Reports any deficiencies to management.
- Responsible for maintenance of all menus, Point of Sale Merchandise, Promotional Materials and other such items that reside in the Greeter area report any deficiencies to management.
- Completes assigned weekly cleaning projects.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager.
Key Competencies / Characteristics
- Lives our Core Values & Disciplines.
- Friendly, easy going and pleasant / smiles easily.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Able to remain positive and calm under stressful conditions.
- Strong commitment to serving others.
- Dependable, trustworthy.
- Willing to extend themselves to the Guests they serve Hospitable.
- Genuinely warm and sensitive / polite.
- Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
- Able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to Guests / employees.
- Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations pertaining to the service of food and beverages.
- Extreme environmental demands on front of house people are few. The majority of work takes place indoors in climate controlled areas.
- The only chemicals involved are those of the cleaning kind. Training is given as to the appropriate use of these chemicals.
- During a typical shift a front of the house Team Member will have intense Guest contact and be involved in moderately to very stressful situations.
- Team Members must work well with limited supervision within their specific position functions but must be highly interactive with other Team Members to accomplish work.
- Minimum 6 months experience working in a hospitality, retail, or customer service role