Medical Biller and Collector
Aldie, VA, USA
Jan 16, 2023
Leading Edge Medical Billers wanted with diverse specialty knowledge and EMR billing software experience. This position is responsible for supporting the Revenue Management cycle for a vast variety of providers and specialties.
This position can and will be responsible for tasks in areas such as benefits & eligibility, charge entry, payment posting, denial management and accounts receivables.
This position is not entry-level and requires a minimum of 2+ years' experience that includes diversity in all areas of the revenue management cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- To transfer insurance claims and billing data to billing software
- To update billing software with rate changes
- To create both paper and electronic copies of documentation.
- To develop and maintain a tracking system of incoming and late payments
- To follow up on late payments and initiate late payment notices to relevant parties
- To ensure that all patient information is accurate and complete and request any missing patient information.
- To obtain and review referrals and authorizations for treatments
- To confirm patient benefits and insurance eligibility
- To follow and adhere to all regulations and guidelines set by state programs, and HMO / PPO, etc
- To monitor and resolve financial discrepancies
- To handle and answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries
- Post all insurance payments, contractual and non-contractual adjustments for assigned carriers by CPT code and transfer outstanding balance to secondary insurance or patient responsibility per EOB protocol
- Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise
- Assign and sequence all codes for services rendered
- Close payment batches daily, reconciling individual carrier payments and EOB statements
- Initiate processes to follow up on rejected claims as evidenced by EOBs, per EOB protocol
- Transmit all appropriate electronic and paper claims, correct any errors on claims and re-transmit; file secondary claims as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills :
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Medical Billing setting
- High school Diploma
- Excellent verbal, written and grammar skills
- Proficient knowledge of Insurance Guidelines (this skill will be tested)
- Minimum 2 years experience with CPT and ICD coding
- Team oriented
- Sound computer knowledge with ability to comfortably navigate Office, Excel & Word programs.
- Above average mathematical skills
Environment / Work Atmosphere :
- All work is performed onsite remote work is not available
- Fast pace and busy
- A growing company that supports and encourages employees to pursue their passions
- Family oriented company
- Comfortable work / life balance with set hours
- Casual dress, jean-friendly