Delta Community is one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in Georgia. Our rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization.
We are looking for energetic, flexible, and service oriented individuals for the following position.
The Member Service Hybrid Agent ( MSHA) will possess detailed product and credit report knowledge. They will provide a high level of service to our members, demonstrated through high quality sales performance measurements and high member satisfaction ratings.
In addition to high sales numbers, they must equally provide expert and useful counseling to members. They will take advantage of cross sales opportunities by possessing in depth product knowledge and anticipating and identifying the various needs of our members.
Other responsibilities include processing various types of transactions including handling deposits, withdrawals and cashing various checks.
In addition, they may process mortgage payments, loan payments as well as assist in other areas of the branch, as needed.
The position requires sound knowledge and understanding of deposit and new membership account practices as well as general knowledge of consumer loan process.
The Member Service Agent must possess good organizational skills, be detail oriented, have a positive attitude, be a proactive problem solver, and be creative.
They serve as a role model in fostering teamwork. Extended hours during the week and Saturdays are required.
Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
Essential Functions :
- Ensure that Delta Community Credit Union maintains a good image through good customer relations by handling account entries with a high level of accuracy.
- Provide superior service to members and guest members.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Educate members on emerging bank technology and digital solutions such as mobile, online, Zelle and ATM to make their banking experience easier.
- Identify financial needs and promote, recommend, refer and cross-sell products and services with integrity.
- Respond and resolve concerns by partnering with the member.
- Process consumer loan applications, including reviewing, analyzing applications and supporting documents.
- Open, close and perform maintenance on member accounts.
- Must possess general knowledge of IRA and HSA contributions and distributions. Identify and report suspicious activity including but not limited to phishing, money laundering, smurfing, layering, counterfeit currency, elder abuse, check kiting, account takeover fraud, new account fraud, wire fraud and loan fraud.
- Identify, prevent, and report attempts to pass fraudulent documentation and / or identification as credible forms of ID.
- Serve as a Notary Public, as directed by management.
- May be responsible for daily branch balance reporting.
- Maintain dual control protocols where directed by credit union policy.
- Provide dual control coverage to management in the completion of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly tasks.
- Assist management with daily opening and closing operational duties.
- Cover concierge desk duties, as assigned by management.
- Process and balance various types of monetary transactions including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashing checks and cash advances.
- Maintain security of cash drawer, negotiable instruments and credit union documents to ensure confidentiality of members’ accounts to protect members and Delta Community Credit Union.
- Complete Shared Branching deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and mortgage payments.
- Scan checks and negotiable instruments for processing and negotiation, as assigned by management.
- Meet balancing standards consistently.
- Maintain high level of accuracy and security.
- Develop and maintain credit union relationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Delta Community Credit Union products and services.
- Flexible in daily work schedule and relieving multiple branch office in the Atlanta area.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Required Minimum Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ customer service and / or sales experience.
- 6+ months’ cash handling experience.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and work accurately with numbers.
- Comfortable working with little to no supervision in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to sit / stand approximately 8 hours a day.
- Must be flexible in relieving multiple branch offices and willing to work Saturdays.
- Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Associates Degree in Finance or related field.
- 1+ years’ Teller experience.
- 1+ years’ credit union or financial services experience.
- 1+ years’ loan experience.
- Notary Public certification
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking.
- Symitar experience.
- Knowledge of Delta Community Credit Union policies and procedures.
Employee benefits include :
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Voluntary Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation, Holidays and Personal Time Off
- Discount on Gym Membership