ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift : Day Shift
Time Type : Part time
Department : CC013330 4C Medical
and assisting with customer service needs.
Additional Information :
Required Education :
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Recommended Education :
Required Work Experience :
Related Field - 1 year of experience
Recommended Work Experience :
Technicians - 1 year of experience, AC employee with clinical experience and completion of a semester of healthcare curriculum.
Required Certifications :
Recommended Certifications :
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Arkansas Department of Long Term Care, Registered Medical Assistant - American Registry of Medical Assistants
1. Completes patient care (may include V / S, I&O's, heights, weights, head circumference, ADL's and other patient care related assignments) in a safe, efficient and timely manner as delegated by licensed nursing staff.
2. Documents patient care and other assignments according to department guidelines.
3. Assists with admission, transfer and discharge as directed by licensed staff.
4. Communicates patient / family information, specific needs and requests to other health care team members to assist with individualizing the patient plan of care.
5. Acts as a courier between ancillary departments as needed to meet daily unit / department requirements.
6. Performs clerical duties such as serving as a receptionist, managing telephones, obtaining supplies and equipment, creating admission or informational packets, and other department specific duties as needed.
7. Ensures that patient supplies and equipment are organized, clean, and properly re-stocked for optimal cost effectiveness and availability for patient care.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.