Performs work as part of a team in an industrial laundry facility. Responsible for the safe, expeditious, and accurate handling of merchandise into and / or out of the laundry facility.
- Responsibilities / Essential Functions :
- Stages and feeds merchandise (towels, napkins, table clothes, aprons, etc.) on ironer properly to reduce wrinkling and tangling;
- Receives and folds merchandise from ironer; Identifies and segregates merchandise not meeting specified quality standards in terms of rips, tears, holes, and stains;
- Accurately verifies merchandise quantity and bundles by type. Places bundles in correct storage carts; Maneuvers full and empty carts;
Maintains safe and clean work environment, and observes best practices in all production activities; Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge / Skills / Abilities :
- Ability to understand all required training, written, and verbal instructions; Working knowledge of basic math skills; Good verbal and / or written communication skills;
Ability to work independently and as part of a team; Ability to meet attendance schedule. Work is based on a shift schedule, and may include weekends.
Overtime required as needed.
Working Environment / Safety Requirements :
Work is performed in a warehouse setting and regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat and cold conditions as well as dust and noise.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position involves repetitive motions over the duration of an entire shift;
- Requires bending, reaching, pulling, twisting, and lifting; Requires the use of hands for grasping and other manipulations;
Requires standing and walking for long periods of time; Requires ability to push carts weighing approximately 300 lbs.
- Experience :
- Travel Requirements :
- Education :
High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- License Requirements / Certifications :