Headquartered in St. Augustine, FL, with offices and manufacturing facilities all around the globe, Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CarlisleIT) is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire, cable, and medical devices. We provide complete interconnect solutions to industries like Aerospace, Military & Defense Electronics, Space, Medical, Test & Measurement, and Industrial.
Our talented team of employees worldwide helps bring movies to your seat on airplanes, deliver mission-critical information from drones to the command office, transfer heart rhythm to paper, route communications from space, connect power to downhill oil drills, and get planes back in the air faster.
CIT is looking for Quality Inspector to join our team located in Franklin, WI. Job Description SUMMARY
Under the general direction of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Quality Inspector I is responsible for using a variety of methods for obtaining measurements, tests, and associated standards to inspect and validate characteristics of components and assemblies ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- With minimal assistance, review characteristics of assemblies and components within a single area of production against engineering documentation to confirm overall conformance to approved design data
- Bag and label conforming assemblies and components, and complete all associated quality paperwork
- Create quality notifications within the ERP system, and ensure the accuracy and completeness of information
- Assist with the Material Review Board (MRB) process for nonconforming part disposition by providing objective evidence to support rejection data
- Support stock sweep activities to ensure accurate and comprehensive containment of suspect or nonconforming material
- Support data flow and identification on area continuous improvement boards
- Support kaizen activity and related activities
- Support manufacturing operations, including quality trending and data analysis, and assist with containment initiatives
- Adheres to all factory safety procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains clean, organized work environment and adheres to all safety standards, procedures and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company* Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS LANGUAGE SKILLS
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Articulate with use of good grammar skills.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical skills including the ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience within the Aerospace Industry with exposure to AS9100 and FAA regulations preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills and experience with managing multiple deadlines at once
- Proficient in communicating information to individuals and groups in both written and presentation form
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience utilizing an ERP system preferred Self-starter that can work extended hours as required to satisfy customer deadlines
- Writing skills required to complete documents and forms
- Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands.
Carlisle IT Franklin is a clean facility housing different kinds of machinery, equipment, processes and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas. Safety toed shoes or boots (ASTM 2413-11 standard) are required.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder). TRAVEL
Minimal up to 5%. Shift