Sep 23, 2022
About the Role
The Retail Allocator works towards establishing optimum inventory levels at Ariat’s Brand Shops and Outlet stores to support their business, as well as open to buy expectations.
You’ll Make a Difference by
- Assisting with weekly to bi-weekly replenishment for all stores based on OTB requirements
- Assessing weekly inventory at the store / style / size level to hit in stock targets
- Determining weekly replenishment requirement in order to get stores to their ideal stock level
- Managing inventory levels in stores, working closely with buying and planning, as well as store managers
- Allocating monthly initial allocations and replenishment based on analysis of location sku performance
- Communicating and executing any receipt shifts
- Communicating all inventory shipments to the store managers and HQ team
- Forecasting sales and receipts of replenishment items (or never out of stock ) styles to ensure appropriate inventory levels on bulks and in stores
- Communicating reorder suggestions to Buyer
- Maintaining and sending store-to-store transfers / RTVs as needed
- Working with MM team to execute price changes
- Creating recommended size break profiles by store / category based on historical size selling to ensure new styles are purchased by buyer correctly
- Working with Planner to ensure that store inventory and DC bulk orders are in place to support OTB targets for current and future stores
- Monitoring bulk orders monthly to make any necessary cancellations based on sales trend, store opening shifts, etc.
- Developing new tools and reporting to help assess the business through greater visibility to sales / inventory ration, price change impact and product mix
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, and creating best practices and consensus between functions team members (Planning, Sales, Marketing, Buying, Finance, etc)
- Assisting with additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or a similar field
- 2-3 years retail store experience, or 1-2 years in corporate buying / planning environment
- A background in retail and / or outlet replenishment and allocations, or any experience in Retail Planning is preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, focused attention to detail and excellent motivational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; specifically Excel, including Pivot Tables, V-Look Up, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment, and have a contemporary sensibility
- Ability to handle multi-faceted projects on deadline with strong follow through
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate as a team player
- Commitment to quality, motivated self-starter with strong ownership of work
- Maintain positive company morale
Ariat is an innovative, outdoor global brand with roots in equestrian performance. We develop high quality footwear and apparel for people who ride, work and play outdoors, and care about performance, quality, comfort and style.