Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Safety Basis Analyst 4 in Los Alamos, NM. 2 positions open.
This position will support the Los Alamos National Laboratory as a Navarro employee in a staff augmentation position. Located in beautiful northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security.
Navarro Research & Engineering is an award-winning federal contractor dedicated to partnering with our clients to overcome their most challenging environmental, technical, and infrastructure missions within the nuclear and environmental industries. Navarro is based in Oak Ridge, Tennessee with active programs across the nation for DOE/NNSA, NASA, and the Department of Defense. For more information, visit Position Description:
Leads and performs nuclear and non-nuclear risk and hazard analyses to ensure safe operation of nuclear and/or non-nuclear facilities. Specific duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to hazard identification, hazard analysis, facility hazard categorization, accident analysis, selection of controls, and development of associated safety basis documents including unreviewed safety question determinations, documented safety analysis, technical safety requirements, safety assessment documents, facility safety plans, and facility safety analysis. Requirements:
- Position typically requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science and a minimum of fifteen years of related experience. Equivalent education and experience appropriate for performing safety analysis work may be considered.
- Knowledge of TA55 and DOE STD-3009-14
- Requires passing a review by the Safety Basis Division Qualification Review Board.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled Benefits:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability